Types of Mentoring
Two Different Types of Mentoring :
- Group mentoring/seminar with no commitment (i.e., through announcements)
- One on one mentoring (requires a commitment from a mentor and mentee)
- Through announcements
- No long-term commitment
- Guest speakers either from inside and outside KCPC on a special topic
- On a typical Saturday or Sunday at KCPC
One on One Mentoring Process
- Sign up online anytime
- A coach getting to know a potential mentee and confirmation of commitment
- First attempt of pairing-up (based on a sign-up information)
- Confirm/Review a pairing (mentor and mentee) with a corresponding group pastor
- Orientation with Pastor Kim, Confirmation of commitments from a paired-up mentor and mentee, Icebreaking session
- Create Kakao group (mentee, mentor, coach, Pastor Kim) and start Mentoring (6 months to a year)
- Possible re-pairing based on feedback
- Mentors and mentees are paired based on criteria such as specific areas of interest, career compatibility, age, gender and location.
- Every mentor and metee has a conversation with a KCPC Mentoring Ministry staff member to communicate preferences, which are then taken into account during the pairing process.
- Once a match is made, the two individuals become responsible for structuring a collaboration that works best for them. The KCPC Mentoring Ministry staff will check in periodically with both participants to ensure the fit and success of their relationship.