JG News 4-29-15
Here are the upcoming events and updates:
1. NO ASP, @ @ Room 2119.
2. Justin Strong Fundraiser, Wednesday, 04/29/15 @ @ Social Burger, 350 Maple Avenue West, Vienna 22180. 10% of all sales proceeds will go towards assisting Justin in his recovery and medical bills. Please come out, eat great burgers and enjoy each other's company. Also, the event serves as a reminder to continue to pray for Justin and his family during this time of recovery and healing. Please wear your purple #JustinStrong bracelets to this event!!!
3. PGIF (PRAISE & PRAYER NIGHT), Friday, 05/01/15 @ @ KCPC The Well. Please join your students in praying and praising our Lord Jesus! Let's show the youngsters how it's done!
4. SMP, @ @ The Well.
5. NO JG Weekly Staff Meeting, .
6. ALL FAMILY Worship, @ @ The Main KCPC Chapel. Students will have an opportunity to worship God with their parents and loved ones. There is NO SMALL GROUP.
7. JG Staff Dinner, @ . Please join us for another fun evening full of great food and greater company with your fellow JG teachers, generously hosted by Tammy Son JSN, her family, and JG PTA.
8. JG's Fundraiser for Justin @ KCPC, . Tentative. More details will be coming soon. The PTA wanted to enlist the help of students to make poster boards to promote the event, make menu boards, and bake some cookies and cupcakes, etc. to sell in the MPR while PTA prepares the main food entrees. All sales will go towards Justin's recovery and medical bills. This might be a good class exercise.
9. Senior Banquet, @ @ TBD.
10. JG Summer Retreat, - 07/01 @ Potomac Retreat and Conference Center, 11 Tabernacle Way, Falling Waters, WV 25419. Early Bird Registration will start on . Please encourage your students to participate. Detailed information will follow soon.
1. Please continue to pray for Justin Lee's recovery. Please let the purple #Justin Strong wrist bands serve as a reminder to pray!!!
2. Please pray for Nepal and its people as they recover from the earthquake.
3. Please pray for the City of Baltimore and for healing in that city.
4. Please pray for the U.S. Supreme Court and the nation as we await the landmark case addressing the legalization of gay marriage. Our country needs repentance and readjustment of our moral compass to point towards God.
Please forward prayer requests to me so I can forward to Lee, Hyeyeon jipsanim. She and other parents are diligently praying for you and your students.
Peter W. Rim